Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ow... Nengajyo!


The result of Postal New Year Postcard Lotto (郵便年賀状 Yubin Nengajyo) is out! How can I still have missed every single prizes two year in a row!!!! (T_T)

It's a tradition for Japanese to express their gratitute to others through New Year's greetings in the form of New Year Postcard. Postal New Year postcard is among the most popular, I think. On the bottom right of the postcard written 6-digit number. That's the lotto number. Each year during mid-January, the lotto result is annouced. There are 4 prizes, first being something like a trip to Hawaii, a computer notebook, a set of digital VDO camera and printer, a set of DVD recorder and home theater OR a domestic trip. (Of course, the lucky birdy needs to choose one among these five prizes). There is a possibility of 2 in 100000 to win this (total of 8218 possible wins). The 4th is two 2-digit numbers with a stamp sheet as a prize. There are 82 millions+ postcards with these 2-digit numbers. And I still missed it!!!! poor me. (I never have any kind of luck in this sort of drawing AT ALL!)

Anyways, Jill is finally back here (^^). We chatted for a bit today before I had to go out for some meetings. Remember my blog about me being a teacher for the first time? The second time is coming soon! Btw, I also had good dinner at a Thai restaurant in town today with a Japanese friend who we don't usually get to see each other in school even though we are attached with the same department.

7 comments:

Oakyman said...

I sent almost 40 "nengajo"s last year.
And got around 20 something in return.

I won 2 prizes though.
(the lowest one, stamps)

This year, I got no printer to help me, so I sent only 19 "nengajo"s.
Haven't check the result yet.

Anonymous said...

อิอิ เรายังได้รางวันเลขท้ายสองตัว 1 ใบนะ อิอิ แต่ไม่รู้จะเอาไปแลกหรือเปล่า ขี้เกียจจัง

นี่หนูใหม่คงสบายใจดีแล้ว อัพบลอกเป็นภาษาอังกฤษละ ดีๆ แล้วเจอกันที่รถบัสคืนนี้ โฮ่ๆๆๆ

Eddie said...

if i knew, i would have bought 100 cards and sent back to myself..haahah

noomai said...

haha... Eddie - I don't think it will be worth your investment!

It's all about luck. Oak had 20 postcards and still won 2 prizes. Poy, Ae+ and Nott also won a prize. I have 30 postcards this time, but still won nothing. (T_T) Oh.. how fair?!?!?!

NoTtO said...

อิอิ ต้องขอบใจไอ้ชาวที่ส่ง

ศูนย์ เจ็ด มาให้

ถูกเฉยเลย ได้แสตมป์มาสองดวง

Anonymous said...

อิอิ เราก็ถูกเลขท้ายสองตัว 51

Anonymous said...

ข้างบนเราเอง ปอย..