Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Celebration and drunken day!

First of all, YES! I passed the defence!! /(^^)/ \(^^)\ /(^^)/ \(^^)\ Whoo~ hoo! Finally, my waiting time was over.

It was a perfect day to find out the result cuz I was joining one of my professor's field trip to .... Suntory Beer and Whiskey factories. Interesting, huh?


We went first to the Suntory Beer Factory in Nagaokakyo District of Kyoto. This factory is the second largest Suntory Beer Factory in Japan, supplying Suntory Beer in the western Region of Japan excluding Nagoya, Kyuushuu and Okinawa. Can packaging processes at 1,500 cans/minute while for bottle, it's 700 bottles/minute. I wonder how much people can drink in a day!
Beer Machines

Recycling process. Here for Suntory, recycling rate is a bit above 80%

Rune, my French classmate (and the free high-class beer tasting at the end of the factory tour)

Prof.Hikino! The lady in the background who led our tour is also a former student of Hikino-sensei.


Before leaving beer factory -- do you know how to properly pour beer to keep the best taste? I always thought it was best to not creating the foam or bubbles. I was totally wrong. The lady suggested you pour beer from a high distance (pour about 70% of a can). Then wait until foam gets settled a bit. When the amount of foam and beer pairs half-half, pour the rest of the can while declining beer glass for it to go right through the foam and to the bottom. It surely tasted good! Oh yeah.. and it's best to keep beer glass clean. Cool it in the fridge for an hour before usage. FYI, beer gives best taste at 5-8 degree celcius.

After beer tasting, we moved on to the Suntory Whiskey Factory in Yamazaki, just a train stop from where we got off for Beer Factory. The atmosphere is totally different cuz it's way toward the mountain side.
I actually liked it here better.

Whiskey Distilling Machines

Whiskey Cask. The oldest was 1924, a year after this factory was built

The Cask making

tasting time!
members: Ou-san (Chinese), Gena (Russian), Ramma (Mongolian),
Prof.Hikino, Rune(French) and Kou(Chinese)

Japanese prefer mixing whiskey with water. Doesn't taste good at all. (-"-) I really enjoyed all those snacks though. ie ie. Good tour. Good timing!

on the way back

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

マイのBlogを見て、写真で昨日の楽しい旅を思い出せて、よかったのよ!

すげい楽しかったな。久々の出かけですし、どうしてもテンション高かったんですね。:)あ、現実逃避できましたし、いまも嬉しい気分でいっぱいだあ!Hikino先生が大好きだあーー

Anonymous said...

ごめん、いまのComentは名前を入力するのを忘れた。=P

Bikku said...

Good information on beer ne! I'll try a proper pouring next time ;)

Oh...congrats on the defense ^^

Nightraveller said...

I found out the PASSED thing now! kekekeke....

Was at the Whiskey Factory before, but didnt write anything on the trip...typical lazy arse! ;-p

Anonymous said...

คนขี้มาวววววว หุหุหุ

Oakyman said...

I'd like to go to Beer Factory, too.

Anonymous said...

who is that french guyyy 55555

NoTtO said...

Kampai!!!

Anonymous said...

ดีใจด้วยนะหนูใหม่ ผ่านซะทีนะ การรอคอย บางทีมันก็ดีนิ อาจจะเจออะไรดีๆที่คาดไม่ถึง อิอิ

Anonymous said...

การได้ดื่มเบียร์สดใหม่จากโรงงานนี้รสชาติคงสุดยอดเลยน้า อือออม ฟองเบียร์ลอยมาไกลไกล

หนูใหม่ดื่มฉลองเรียนจบแบบยกไปทั้งโรงงานเซนโทรี่อย่างนี้เรียกว่ามหาฉลองเล้ยยยย

she celenbrated her graduate with the whole beer factory.

My God = Meee Jawww Woiiiแม่เจ้าโว้ย

P Pum

noomai said...

เมา่ต่อไปอีกสามวันเลย

nighttraveler - I thought you were kidding me. But you are clever to come find your answer here in my blog ;-)