Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Never Ending New Year's Celebration I

It's as if January is still a month to celebrate New Year. The day I got back from ski trip (Jan 8), I had a celebration with my host family (Amanuma Family) with other foreign students. I brought Thai Tom Yum. My host cooked Sushi rice. And the Chinese made Sui-Gyoza (water dumpling). So yummy ;-)

Thai, Chinese and Japanese food for dinner

Amanuma Family: Otosan, Okasan, Hibiki-kun and Haruka-san

Doing origami (paper folding) with Kou-kun

Then today (Jan 11), a day after my thesis submission, we had a new year party (Shinnenkai) with my professor and labmates at our usual Yamakuchi restaurant in Gion. The life after thesis submission is really a relaxed one. (Not to mention about thesis defending for now... haha) Ellen (O-san) is also back from Stanford for this year. So glad we have more member in our lab!! yeah!! Btw, it's so weird talking to you in Japanese instead of our usual English conversation!! =) I also had great talks with a lot of senpais and friends during the meal. What a great time. Then, a few friends and I went further for Karaoke afterward. Fun night indeed. ^^

Cho-san, O-san (Ellen), Prof.Hioki and Mishima-san

my senpai: Mishima-san, Pak-san (Korean) and Ito-san

the 3 chinese!
O-San and Sho-San (both are Chinese as well)

My Karaoke pals (a Thai among 4 Chinese!!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

กำลังอ่านmemoirs of geisha แล้วคิดถึงเกียวโตอยู่พอดี ยิ่งน้องใหม่พูดถึง gion อีก ยิ่งทำให้อยากกินkatsukura (เอ๊ะ ไหงมาลงที่ของกินอีกแล้ว ;p)

Bikku said...

Craving Katsukura too a' ^^'

Anonymous said...

Wow,Kalaokeうらやましいーー

いままだ審査の準備しているよ。Ah,help!!

ハハ、すべて終わってからゆっくり遊ぼうね!!:)

NoTtO said...

: )

Eddie said...

party again..??? oh you party girl

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing up your thesis. Mine will be in July! Arghhh.....
Ai Ling

Anonymous said...

Just wanna tell u that I like your shirt in the last picture la eieiei

Good luck, my sis ^^

Oakyman said...

Found one Katsukura near my home!
Gotta check it out!