Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Kurama Temple in Snow

Oops... I screwed up the order of time here. Our trip to Kurama Temple was actually the day we returned from snowboard trip and before my beer factory which I already posted yesterday. Oh well...

We reached back around 4.30 a.m. on Monday morning from Togari Onsen. Grabbed a taxi, came home, ate and rest. Then gathered again, P'Ton, Nott, Jill and I, to ride the train up to Kurama in the afternoon. Our original intention was to wander around more famous temples like Kinkakuji or Ginkakuji, but the snow didn't stick as much as we thought. The decision to move north was truly a great idea. We were surprised how much snowfalls there were up there. Great time to be at Kurama Temple. Let's pictures explain everything :)

On Eiden track up to Kurama Station

Welcome to Kurama Station

Kurama Temple

Contrasting red and white

Riding a cable car up the the temple (it's a transpoartation within temple ground)

resting spot

outward looking

p'Ton so happy up the main hall - truly beautiful. It stopped snowing and the sun started shining once we were up there! Gorgeous!!

Having fun piled up under snow

main hall space

beautiful lamps

Waiting in front of the main hall. There was beautiful chanting at around 4 p.m. Kurama-dera is definitely a great place for meditation!

冬のソナタ (haha)


How to get there:
Take Eizan train (叡山電車)from Demachiyanagi Station (出町柳駅)and get off at Kurama Station(鞍馬駅), the end terminal on the Kurama line. (Fare: 410 Yen). Also, there's Kyoto's famous Kurama Onsen in the neighborhood area too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

สวยมากเลย
อยากไปมั่ง..ง่า~

Oakyman said...

Ohhhhh, Kyoto in snow!!!

I wish I was there!

Anyway, see you in "Kyoto in Sakura"!!

NoTtO said...

Who's in the last picture?
OhOhOh...
...A famous Korean actor?? huhuhuh

Anonymous said...

ดีใจด้วยเรื่องธีสิสนะจ๊ะ :)

Anonymous said...

สวยมากกกก...ยังมีแรงไปเที่ยวเล่นกันต่ออีกแฮะ เก่งจริงๆ

Nightraveller said...

Damn! I miss again....and I live soooooooo near to Kurama!!!!!!! T.T

Anonymous said...

อยากไปมั่ง หิมะจะตกอีกเมื่อไหร่หว่า จะได้หนีไปเที่ยวมั่ง

direction ไป คุรามะอ่ะ อยากได้แบบ เริ่มต้นที่เกียวโตเอคิ หรือ kawaramachi ก็ได้อ้ะ เผื่อวันหลังไปมั่ง จะได้ไปถูกอ่ะจ้า

noomai said...

I thought you guys would know Demachiyanagi Station sa eak~. It's the terminal station on Keihan. If you come to Kyoto Eki - take Kyotobus#17 heading Ohara. Get off at Demachiyanagi Station to catch an Ei-den. Or take subway to KokusaiKaikan and catch Ei-den from there. If you come by Hankyu - get off at Kawaramachi and change to Keihan Shijyo station.

It was really beautiful up there. Best decision to be there ;-)