The first time in the history here (at least from what I heard) that Thai students joined this International Student Music Festival. Today, 6 of us (pPum~, Mai, Yam, n'Gib, n'Joy and n'Fon) brought with us our Thai traditional instruments to perform on stage along with 78 students from 13 countries (20 shows) for the International Student Music Festival (留学生音楽会)
It was indeed a good experience and I would say it was our great accomplishment too. A lot of us haven't touched our instruments for a really long time. One even started fresh from scratch. I still hardly believe how we ended up in quite a big band like this?!?!Coming to thing of all this, it was so much of the coincidence for us to be on stage today. First of all, I never heard of this music festival at all before. One day when a few friends and I walked around campus talking in Thai. We were stopped by a group of Japanese students (apparently being this event staff) and asked if we would be interested to join. A few friends said why don't I dance for the event? I just simply declined that and thought it would be much better going in group of Traditional Music Band.
The mere reason why I thought so was only because I know pPum is very familiar with her instrument and always performed (and still performs) on stage once in a while. We teasingly said quite a long time ago about forming our little Kyoto traditional music band. But we never came close to making it real. When I went back to Bangkok this past summer, I decided to bring along my 'sor sam sai' instrument simply because it'd probably be more chance to use it while in Kyoto than to leave it unnoticed in the closet at home like I have done for years. Little did I know that the chance would come this soon.

After talking to pPum about this event, we talked to a lot more people and finally got this many people to join. One way or another, we managed to get the instruments in hands and got it on the run. It was another coincidence because half of the band members just arrived Kyoto a few months before. [we realized that we actually have more players than this, but sad enough to say noone carries those instruments around here (-.-;)]
We sent in an application thinking it'd probably be just a small event that we can be there for fun. Turned out that there was an audition to go on stage, that there would be event pamphlet that we need to contribute some information, etc., etc., etc. We didn't even know until today how many people are performing nor that they would provide professional hair stylists and make-up artist for us!!!
Anyways, there we went. And I'm truly satisfied, I have to say. All the credits go to pPum~, our band leader. I know there are rooms to improve in a lot of things (smilling for one! =P), which we will keep for our future references -- meaning all comments are still welcome. :) I think our intention, will and sweat paid off already right there on stage. To me, the most important thing was that we spent good times together and had fun (all the rehearsals included), and also getting a chance to do something we don't get to do that often! I hope our audience felt the same way too. Thanks sooooooo very much for those who came to see and support us. Those who missed it -- that's alright! Special thanks to pChoi who took care of the tickets! Our family members for shipping us our instruments. And "nong nong" for making pah~ pah~'s dream comes true!! (<-- doesn't it sound like that on CD covers???) ^^ ie.. ie..









More story at http://www.dekkansai.com
13 comments:
พหูสูตรจริงๆ
เก่งไปหมด
ยินดีด้วยที่ประสบความสำเร็จ
you all looked very profesisonal on stage. Well done. I miss playing Thai music instruments too.
I bet you do miss it, pYai. Even I didn't spend that much time with it like you did, I still miss playing leay. Miss you everytime I see this kinda thing, especially with ระนาดเอก ระนาดทุ้ม and ซออู้. Just realized we never played together leay ner~.
โห สวยมากๆเลยอ่ะ ฉากไฟ แสงสีสวยดีอ่ะ ดูหรูหราไฮโซสมคำร่ำลือ
พี่มัทเล่นระนาดเอก - ทุ้มด้วยเหรอ เคยพยายามจะเล่นซอหลายทีแล้ว แต่จับแล้วเสียงเพี้ยนตลอดเลย
Good job...Well-done...
Lovely performance.. :)
Bravo Bravo!
Professional job
น้องเอ๋
พี่มัทเล่นแม่งหมดเลย อยู่ในวงตำแหน่งไหนขาดต้องเล่นได้หมด
กลอง ฆ้องวง จะเข้ ได้หมด ยกเว่นซอสามสายที่ใหม่เล่นนั่นแหละ
อันนั่น มันเมื่อย ต้องนั่งเกร็งๆ ไม่ได้เรียน : P
แต่ที่พี่ถนัดสุดก็ ระนาดเอก ทุ้ม อย่างว่าแหละจะ
ใหม่ไม่ยอมเล่นวงโรงเรียนหนิ ไม่งั้นก็ได้เล่นด้วยกันแล้ว
จำได้เปล่า พี่ถึงรู้จักพวกจิตรลดารุ่นจุ๊บไง พี่ยังไปซ้อมที่โรงเรียนเธอเลย ตอนที่พระเทพทรงซ้อมด้วย
เอ่อ.. ก็ตอนนั้นไ่ม่เห็นมีใครชวนเลยอ่ะ (ฝีมือคงไม่ค่อยเข้าตากรรมการ) -_-' จำได้ว่ามีพี่รุ่นเดียวกับพี่จุ๊บ ผู้ชายด้วย เค้าแบบว่า มือซอสามสายชนะประกวดด้วยอ่ะ เราแบบว่าชิดซ้ายไปเลย ถ้าจำไม่ผิดคิดจะเลือกหัดซอสามสายก็เพราะฟังพี่คนนี้สีแหล่ะ
ปกติก็เล่นวงของโรงเรียนที่เล่นตามงานในโรงเรียนนะ แต่ว่ายังไม่เซียนพอจะไปเล่นในประลองเพลงฯมั้ง อดไปตามระเบียบ เล่นงานนี้จบ ไปกระตุ้นต่อมเพื่อนๆได้หลายคน อยากไปปัดฝุ่นเครื่องที่ตัวเองเคยเล่น รู้สึกดีจริงๆ ในใจอยากให้มีจะเข้อีกตัวนะเนี่ยะ เสียแต่ว่าขนลำบาก ไม่งั้นให้จิ๋วมาช่วยเล่นด้วยอีกเครื่องคงครบเครื่องสายมากกว่านี้เน๊อะ
เออ.. ว่าไป.. ตอนนั้นพี่จุ๊บก็สีซอสามสายนี่หว่า.. ใช่ป่ะ
wow wow
น่าเสียดายที่ไม่ได้ไปดู
ยินดีด้วยกะวงดนตรีวงใหม่นะจ้า
ใช่ จิตรลดามีซอ สามสาย สี่ห้าคนได้ เยอะที่สุดในประเทศแล้ว
โรงเรียนอื่นเค้าไม่มีปัญญาเรียนกัน
มัน high เกิน
โรงเรียนพี่มีพี่ปุกคนเดียว
จิตรลดามีจุ๊บ มีผู้ชายคนที่ใหม่ว่า เก่งจริงๆ
แล้วก็คนนั้นหน่ะ ผู้หญิงสูงๆ ชื่ออะไรนะที่
ไปเข้าเศษฐศาสตร์จุฬา รุ่นก่อนจุ๊บรุ่นนึง
ที่คล้ายๆแจน พี่ แพนอ่ะ
Post a Comment