Day 6 (Aug 3)
We were lucky to be placed in flower arrangement group activity since it required us only 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon. (those being placed in other group activities had to stay for at least 4-5 hours. Some had to gather at 9 a.m. and wouldn't get out until late evening!) Though I would like to try other craft experience, I rather enjoy our fun free time with the host family.
Okasan and Kotsue took Maghae and I to the 21st century art museum (aka Marubi Museum) in the morning. The special exhibition there was 'human body'! (Don't follow the link if you don't want to see what we saw!! <-- that's the warning) With that theme, what kind of stuff do you think we saw? I was totally surprised to see the exhibition of actual human parts and bodies being cut and displayed in different ways. I have actually seen the actualy operation and autopsy before, but I have to admit that this human body exhibition was still some what too much to bear. They used real bodies of those who dedicated them upon their death for medical studies. I actually intended to do so too, but I surely don't want to be publicly displayed like this. But do you have the option to request that?
Anyways, we had a cool picnic lunch outside the musuem in the most shadowed spot of all. The weather was unbelievably hot. I think I was a bit dehydrated too. Right after lunch, we went for the flower arrangement. (In the picture, the right one is my work! The rest is the instructor's)
The key to flower arrangment is the balance of the 3 main flower stems (for the style we were taught) - for both height and angle. Also you just have to know how to put it firmly in the pinned base. This time is the first time I did the whole thing myself. Looks pretty good, huh? =P
We spent the rest of the time afterward at Kenrokuen, one of the three most beautiful parks in Japan. (Don't ask where the other two are - I have no idea!) My first time here was when we came for the tea ceremony the other day, but with time constraint, we were not allowed to freely walk around the park. It was really beautiful there. So calm and peaceful.

Day 7 (Aug 4)
I felt as if I caught a cold today. Though I drank lots of warm water and had lots of lemon, ginger, honey, all those didn't seem to help me much. But anyways, I didn't let it kept me from enjoying my time in Kanazawa.
We went to Nagamachi, the famous area for Samurai Houses. It was pretty interesting. The houses there are very beautiful. They also house the samurai clothes, weapons, utensils and else too.

We stroll down from Nagamachi over to the Cultural center where we were to attend Japan Tent Student Symposium and swang a bit further to Sushi restaurant to have really, really, really yummy Maguro-don (fresh tuna on rice). Man... I haven't had such good sushi in a long time! Right in front of the sushi place stands Oyama Shrine, another famous tourist place in Kanazawa. Of course we dropped by for a little walk.
That evening, we had the Japan Tent party in the ground of Kanazawa Castle. There were students' performances (of course the Thais danced too!). And there were a lot of food stalls from various countries around the world. The party concluded with Japanese traditional YOSAKOI Soran dance.
Our night didn't end as the party ended. A few of us got in a group and head over for karaoke! Gosh... we walked for soooooooooooo long until we could settle in a karaoke place. I didn't sing much though, but it was definitely fun.Day 8 (Aug 5)
Our last day for Japan Tent has arrived. We gathered at JR Kanazawa station for a farewell ceremony. There were a lot of speeches expressing our gratitute to the program and host families. I was really touch. Too bad we didn't have that much time to say goodbye to each other. Basically right after the speeches ended, we were called for immediate departure. For those I didn't have a chance to say goodbye personally, may I properly do it here. But be sure we will meet again in the future! Have a great time back to our normal lives!!!!

... the end
6 comments:
Wow...a long story has come to an end. Sounds very good jing jing, this tent thing.
Your flower arrangement.....has potential ;)
Ai Ling
aow.. you saw my POTENTIAL!! =P
otsukaresamadeshita
There are three most beautiful landscape gardens. Kairakuen 偕楽園, kourakuen 後楽園 and kenrokuen 兼六園.
Wow, I'm next to Kourakuen, but never been to there before.
Have to try once...
I could still remember how fun the Japan Tent's Yosakoi was...
And on Sat. I went to see Super Yosakoi in Harajuku, and Awa-odori 阿波踊り in Kouenji 高円寺 yesterday.
Super FUN!!
Post a Comment