The story has that tomorrow is a welcome party for Thai newbies in town. As a tradition, we, seniors, have to cook some dishes for our Thai-Kyoto Hi-so potluck. (Well, at least we are known for having great food at the welcome events.) It's a tradition to cook for ourselves and not to find easy way out to restaurant service. Every single time, at the party, we have those dishes we never dreamed of having outside our country (well, without having to pay a fortune!) This makes our welcome parties very long awaited.
This year... as always... I had a trouble thinking of what to cook. My last hope was to flip through a cookbook and here's what I found -- TOD MUN (or the fish cake). Never at all in my life had I ever dare cooking this before.

In a phone conversation with a friend, I was asked "... and do you know how to cook it?". Well... "NO!! But hey!.. I'll just stick to the cookbook. It shouldn't be that bad!" Of course, things weren't that easy. The scale we are looking into is for 50+ people. The cookbook suggests only for 5! So my battle started...
At 4.30 p.m. - Started from preparing fish. It was Salmon this time.





(credit: Pe)

(credit: Pe)

(credit: Pe)
Let's see if my food will sell tomorrow. =)
Thanks Nhong for helping preparing fish and Thanks Pe for the deep frying! Also for taking photos while my hands were super duper dirty.
I tell ya... anyone who gets to taste my Tod Mun are lucky. I don't think I'd ever cook it again, not unless I have that Moulinex processor!!!! =P
2 comments:
Just realised that you have ครก at home!!!!
ไว้ข้าพเจ้าสอบเสร็จแล้วจะลองทำดู
Post a Comment