
Osaka Aquarium, AKA Kaiyukan 海遊館 is a very well-known aquarium among fish lovers and scuba divers. It is one of the largest aquariums in the world and the largest one in Asia.

The theme of this aquarium is based on the concepts of Ring of Fire (i.e. the circum-pacific volcanic belt indicated in red) and Ring of Life (i.e. the concentration of ocean life indicated in green). They constructed aquarium building so that we can walk from top floor, round and down the bottom, having living organisms found in the Ring of Fire on the outter displays and Pacific ocean tank centering in the middle.

The main display is of course, the whale shark from the Pacific Ocean. In fact, the original whale shark (Yu-kun) died last year and they replaced with another whale shark and named it "Kai-kun" (I wonder if the third one will be called "Kan-kun" =P)









8 comments:
Hey... I love Osaka Aquarium ^^
รูปสวยมากมาย
ชอบน้องปลาปักเป้าอ๊า~~~
all these pictures taken with ur new D40 ?
Eddie-- your question made me scared! Well, actually the consequential answer is more scary. =P Yes, those were from my D40.
Mrs Mutarika: I like the pics with the turtle and the 2nd jelly fish! Well done! ;)
klua pla -_-"
Nice nice nice...! I like the penguins!!! And the jelly fishes were damn good!
thanks, thanks, thanks. good reviews from you photographers worth two points! =) Make sure you call me when you go out shooting during koyo season, k!
Post a Comment