Friday, August 18, 2006

Summer Fireworks 2006

As I've mentioned earlier, this post will contribute to the summer fireworks I have been to this year.

弟18回なにわ淀川花火大会
(The 18th Naniwa Yodogawa Fireworks)

The first one was on August 5, 2006 in Osaka, when Oh was still in Kansai. 8 of us took off from Kyoto in the afternoon to make it to Juso Station around 4.30 p.m. It was quite a long walk from Juso station to where we are sitting. We really are in debt to Poy, N'Bow and N'Tor who contributed great dedication to be in the heat reserving great spot for us since 2 p.m. (not to mention that fireworks start only a little bit before 8 p.m.!!!!) THANK YOU JA~~~.

Lotsa people in Yukata

N'Tor, Poy, Bow, Mai and Kee

P'Ton, Oh~, Nuch, Kuk, Tuck and Chua in the crowd.


Finally the fireworks started!! It was very grand, I have to say. We got to exercise our neck a lot. Geez, nearly had to lie down on the ground to be able to view the whole thing!!

from Kee's camera

my work without a tripod (but with someone's head!! haha)


Since I don't have a tripod, I captured the display in VDO files...


the one with Doraemon

look at how crowded it was!


We had to walk more than 30 minutes to catch a train home from Umeda, the terminal station. We didn't think we could have squeeze into any trains otherwise. But it was a good chance to witness that sweet daddy on the train. :)

2006びわ湖大花火大会
(Biwako Fireworks Festival 2006)


Our second and my last firework for this season was the one at Biwa Lake, Otsu City, Shiga Prefecture. The event was actually scheduled for August 8, 2006, but dued to the effect of Typhoon#8, the event was postponed to August 11, 2006 instead. This time I went with P'Ton, P'Nha and P'Ni and reached there around 4 p.m. Good thing it was not called up again cuz it was slightly raining in the afternoon.

There weren't that many people as I expected, BUT there were a lot of empty mats people used to reserve space!! Argh! (one of them has "xxxx reserves for fireworks on 8/8" written on it!! -- ah... meaning that mat has been there since before 8/8?!?!) But oh well, we managed to grabbed a tiny empty space inbetween those reserved mats. In fact, one of those mats was half blown out of place. Lucky enough, the people reserving the space didn't show up, so we ended up owning that mat for our own. hee hee. (Of course, there were a few people joining us too.=P)

lotsa self properly reserved space

Biwako yukata atmosphere

P'Ton, P'Nha and P'Ni (please excuse me for not choosing proper lighting option!! m(_ _)m )

the firework was about to start


The fireworks here weren't as grand in size as the ones in Osaka. But I think individual fireworks here had their own charm. Some of them looked alike mixed flower bouquet.

flower bouquet

Biwako firework 2006


The magnificant ones were definitely the ones playing with the water reflection. One of my favourite ones was the fan shape fireworks which I could capture in VDO below.

Fan shape fireworks


After joining these firework festivals, I came to realize why Japanese always beat the crowd to see these things! I surely will find chance to see them again the following years! :)

5 comments:

Bikku said...

Like the crowdy photo, but can't find it in your flickr a'

*BoW* said...

helloooooooooo

nice pics na nia..

It was sooooo pretty but so hot though..

PS. Going to Hokkaido tmr laew na.. see ya ja...p`sao eiei

ladyem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ladyem said...

Wow, this is awesome!! Worth the long wait and jostling with the crowds, I'm sure :)

Anonymous said...

นู๋ใหม่ไม่ใส่ยูกะตะเหรอจ๊ะ แต่ท่าทางจะสบายที่สุด เพราะว่าไม่ร้อน เนาะ...

รูปมหาชนสวนมากเลยอ่ะ แสงสวย ชอบๆๆๆ