Oh and I have been friends since junior high and we still keep very close touch now. She's about to finish her iMBA course from Thammasat University. And since her course is a Japanese Track, the whole program came for business study in Tokyo for 2 weeks. Riding on that chance, Oh came to visit me and Palang in Kansai.
I've actually uploaded the full set of her trip to Kansai in my flickr album earlier. I'll just resummarize her trip, then.
Friday, August 4, 2006
Oh came in at 7 a.m. with a night bus from Tokyo. Dang... I haven't had to be up that early (5.30 a.m.) in a really long time!! But that made my day so long. haha.
Anyways, after Oh dropping off her stuff at my place, refreshed a bit, then we took off touring Kyoto together. Our first stop was "Kitano Tenmangu Shrine", a shrine with famous god of education. A lot of students go there to pray for success in study.

Then, we moved to Oh's most wanted to see Kinkakuji, the Golden Pavilion.
In the afternoon, we did a bit of shopping in Shijo and went to Higashiyama and Gion areas. I think we spent the most time in Kiyomizudera. Kiyomizudera is another world heritage temple in Kyoto. I personally like this temple a lot. We needed to climb up steep slope to go up the temple, but the architecture there is just amazing. This time we also swang by Jishu Shrine. What's famous about this shrine? --> GOD OF LOVE! hee hee.
There are 2 love stones as below....
(the 2nd one is the one in front of wooden signs in the far background)
(the 2nd one is the one in front of wooden signs in the far background)

what does it mean??
We continued walking down from Kiyomizudera through Higashiyama street and out Yasaka Shrine and into Gion.
the real maiko-off-duty
Yummy greentea! :9
BBQ dinner party for Kee's party by Kamo RiverSaturday, August 5, 2006
It was SOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!! To make it a real Kyoto trip, Oh and I took a bicycle ride to Kyoto University and Heian Shrine. And just that, we were sunburnt! Argh!!
In the afternoon, we went to Osaka with a whole bunch of Kyoto people to join a Firework by Yodo River (I will post another blog about summer fireworks later...)
Sunday, August 6, 2006
We went to KOBE! (yeah.. Kobe again.. hee hee... my 100th time this year, I think. =P)
Kobe Beef again. (This time I remember the name of the place! It's: Kawamura)Our last stop was around Harborland. It was also the day for Kobe Thai Food Festival, so we stopped by for some food. Also, some sweets at Sweet Harbor right by where the festival was held.
Oh's trip in Kansai ended here at Harbourland. Nice to have to you here na ja. It was sooooooooo hot, but I hope you enjoyed the trip na~~~. See you in Thailand ja~.















9 comments:
such a typical Kansai tour...
แหม...
ถ้าคอมไม่พัง จะไปด้วยนะเนี่ยโกเบเนี่ย
แต่เมื่อวานก็เพิ่งไปมา หุหุ
คุณคนข้างบนนี่มีปัญหาอะไรรึเปล่าเนี่ยะ?!?!?!
จายย เย็น ๆ
ค่อย ๆ พูด ค่อย จา กานนน
อากาศ มัน ร้อน เด้อออออ
โหดวุ้ยยย
ประทับใจมากเลย สำหรับทริปที่ใหม่จัดให้ ถึงแม้อากาศจะร้อนไปนิด แต่ก็ยังประทับใจอยู่ดี ไว้หาเวลาไปเยี่ยมใหม่อีกนะ
คนบอก โหดวุ้ย นี่.....พูดมาต้ายยยว่าคยอื่นโหดดดดด
คนข้างบนนี่ใครหว่า??
เข้ามาแวะชมแล้วนะคะ.....พี่ใหม่ยังน่ารักเหมือนเดิมเลย...กิ๊วๆๆ....
พี่ใหม่ขาจริงๆแล้วเห็นว่าออมไปเที่ยวสนุกสนานมากมาย....แต่จริงๆ แล้ว...ไม่ค่อยมีความสุขหรอกค่ะ....ไว้จะเมล์ไปเล่านะคะ....
คิดถึงพี่ใหม่จังเลย
เพื่อนเธอแต่งตัวจ๊าบดี
วันก่อนเจอพี่วัฒน์ Tohome บนรถไฟฟ้าโดยบังเอิญด้วย
Post a Comment