The party was held on July 28 at Japan Foundation Kansai Center, where the new AYF Japanese classroom is. Trang and I went as representatives of 8th batch AYFers and we had to leave our house by 7.30 a.m. to be at the center before 10 a.m.! Such a long journey.
Map of Kansai JR railway.Kyoto is on the blue line by the tip of the lake on the upper right hand corner.
Rinku Town station is a station away from Kansai Int'l Airport on the blue line on the bottom left.
It took us around 2+ hours to get to the center from our houses.
The morning session started with a formal welcome speech by Mr. Yoshio Hara, a Senior Executive Director of Asia SEED Institute, and self introduction of AYF 11th Batch and AYF graduates. I have to tell that I'm truly moved by my kohai. First of all, their professional background was VERY impressive. They all seemed to be the forward-moving type. Plus, their English was just amazing!
Then, we moved out for lunch buffet and a little mingling session with other AYFers.
Afternoon session began with a lecture by P'Pum's professor, Dr. Toyosaka Moriizumi, Emeritus Professor of Tokyo Institute of Technology and a Chairman of AYF Steering Committee about "AYF Program".
"AYF Program" by Dr. MoriizumiThen, another special lecture by Dr. Hasanudin, a visiting associate professor, Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Tohoku University, who is also an AYF 1st batch graduate from Indonesia. His lecture was really interesting. I just love one of his words; "Professor is a god. You do whatever he tells you to do. Your life really depends on him!" I didn't want to agree, but there was no reason why I shouldn't agree. I guess every students here know what it means!! haha =P
"Research and Life in Japan: Challenge and opportunities" by Dr. HasanudinThe center is very nice. All students get single room equipped with most of the things needed for study and living. There are fitness, karaoke room, tennis court, etc. just in the center ground. Three meals are served at the cafeteria. So basically, you don't need extra money to live in the center. But it should be very tight if you want to go somewhere else for leisure while not earning much during the program.
Since the center was very close to Rinku Town, yeah... yeah... Trang and I made a brief stop at the outlet mall to shop for a bit. hee hee. I got my 2nd pair of sneakers in 2 days. Whoo~ hoo~. Then, we had our dinner in Namba before heading back to Kyoto later on that night.
It's so nice to have more members to our huge AYF family. There will mostly be a reunion party at this center around February next year. So see you there!
**********************************
Party Attendees:
Asia SEED: Mr. Hara, Fujimoto-san and Ishida-san
AYF Steering Committee: Dr. Moriizumi
AYF 1st Batch: Hasanudin (Indonesia, Sendai)
AYF 6th Batch: David (Malaysia, Nara)
AYF 7th Batch: Long (Vietname, Osaka)
AYF 8th Batch: Mai (Thailand, Kyoto), Trang (Vietnam, Kyoto)
AYF 10th Batch: Tofazzal (Bangladesh, Okayama), Dany (Cambodia, Chiba), Hari (Indonesia, Hokkaido), Latsamy (Laos, Tokyo), Phetkeo (Laos, Hiroshima), Cha (Malaysia, Tokyo), Fatimah (Malaysia, Kyoto), Myaing Thi and Ko Thet (Myanmar, Sendai), Gerry (Philippines, Kobe), Johanna (Philippines, Hiroshima), Jessada (Thailand, Tokyo) and Varee (Thailand, Chiba)
**********************************
Riding on this chance, let me post a few more pictures with AYF family during the past few months when we met up.
March 28, 2006 in Hiroshima
Also, my very first time meeting with Kyaw's wife :)
With Iizuka Sensei at Kich-chan, Korean restaurant near my place.
Yummy Yakiniku
Paparazzi shot of Mary, Sheuo-Hui and Trang walking out of Heian Shrine
The four of us at Aka Oni Ramen restaurant
Since the center was very close to Rinku Town, yeah... yeah... Trang and I made a brief stop at the outlet mall to shop for a bit. hee hee. I got my 2nd pair of sneakers in 2 days. Whoo~ hoo~. Then, we had our dinner in Namba before heading back to Kyoto later on that night.
It's so nice to have more members to our huge AYF family. There will mostly be a reunion party at this center around February next year. So see you there!
**********************************
Party Attendees:
Asia SEED: Mr. Hara, Fujimoto-san and Ishida-san
AYF Steering Committee: Dr. Moriizumi
AYF 1st Batch: Hasanudin (Indonesia, Sendai)
AYF 6th Batch: David (Malaysia, Nara)
AYF 7th Batch: Long (Vietname, Osaka)
AYF 8th Batch: Mai (Thailand, Kyoto), Trang (Vietnam, Kyoto)
AYF 10th Batch: Tofazzal (Bangladesh, Okayama), Dany (Cambodia, Chiba), Hari (Indonesia, Hokkaido), Latsamy (Laos, Tokyo), Phetkeo (Laos, Hiroshima), Cha (Malaysia, Tokyo), Fatimah (Malaysia, Kyoto), Myaing Thi and Ko Thet (Myanmar, Sendai), Gerry (Philippines, Kobe), Johanna (Philippines, Hiroshima), Jessada (Thailand, Tokyo) and Varee (Thailand, Chiba)
**********************************
Riding on this chance, let me post a few more pictures with AYF family during the past few months when we met up.
March 28, 2006 in Hiroshima
Also, my very first time meeting with Kyaw's wife :)April 16, 2006, Kich-chan, Kyoto
With Iizuka Sensei at Kich-chan, Korean restaurant near my place.
Yummy Yakiniku
Ishiyaki Bibimba
Paparazzi shot of Mary, Sheuo-Hui and Trang walking out of Heian Shrine
The four of us at Aka Oni Ramen restaurant







6 comments:
Hey...from B/W photo, did Mary wear sunglasses? I can see it from here!! :P
มาโปรแกรมแบบพี่ใหม่ดีจัง มีเพื่อนเป็นคนต่างชาติเยอะแยะ น่าหนุกๆ
มีสนามเทนนิสด้วยย ดีจัง
อบอุ่นๆจริงโปรแกรมนี้
ไหนหว่าสนามเทนนิส (-_-)?
Hi Mai chan, Long time no talk! I am very very sorry!!! You went to Kansai Kokusai Center from Kyoto!?
I understand it might take more than 2 hours... Otsukare sama!
I live in Hiroshima with my honey,,, if you have a chance to come here, let me know!
I will tell you if I go back to Osaka, too!
Oh, sorry again I could not meet up with you and Jae in June...
Hope to see you! Say hi to Jill!
Hey hey Noomai, Nice story! I really enjoy reading through your blog.
Cheers,
Bounheng, AYF 7th batch!
Post a Comment