Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Year in Khao Yai III - quality time with neighbors

While dad and mom were in Khao Yai for like a week or so during New Year, I was there roughly only for 4 days / 4 nights. Leaving together with P'Jr's family on the 29th (in 3 cars), we all got stuck in traffic for 5.5 hours!!!!!!!! My goodness, it was the worst outbound traffic I ever got stuck in. Imagine a distance of slightly 200+ km., we usually get to Khao Yai in 2.5 hours-ish. 5.5 hours just simply doubled the regular driving time!!! ick! But anyways, it was good that we had some food waiting for us when we arrived. :)

Right after our dinner, we gathered in front of Uncle Ti's house to float the early new year lanterns together. Dad and I ended up burning one in the process. Oops! The wind was really strong. (yes, I blame the wind! =P)

floating the lanterns in Uncle Ti's front yard

Loong Ti and daddy

fun chat with Nah Tom'

Jill and I
(remark: all photos, courtesy of P'Yai)


Food hopping and the fun time

breakfast at Nah Tom's

Nah Tuk and Nah Yo

Then, dinner at our place with loads of food. P'Jr grilled the fish he caught. Popo brought her homemade plain bun and salty pork (เค้าเรียกว่าอะไรนะ.. ลืม...)

the fish expert!

P'Jr's fish - ready yet?!?! ;-)

pre New Year's eve's dinner

our other company - P'Tam and Lin

Actually Nah Tom' always bring us ice cream. I'm surprise I have absolutely no photos of those. Probably, we were just so into eating and forgot about the photographs. haha. Btw, since the house is quite far off from the markets, we do have the moving markets coming to us for food shopping ;-)

moving food market

a daughter of the moving market!

(แอบเม้าท์... คือว่ารถกับข้าวคันนี้เนี่ยะ คุณพ่อขับ คุณแม่ขาย คุณลูกนั่งมาด้วย (ตอนคุณแม่ขาย คุณลูกก็นั่งตักคุณพ่อรออยู่) พูดจากันน่ารัก มีครับ มีขา เสียงทุ้มนุ่มนวลกันดีเชียว ไอ้เราก็ไปถ่ายรูปเรื่อยๆ คุณลูกแกเห็นเราถ่ายรูปเลยอยากถ่ายด้วย ขอให้เราถ่ายให้หน่อย คุณพ่อเลยเปิดประตู พร้อมๆกับคุณลูกบอกให้พ่อโยนรองเท้าลงไปให้หน่อย บังเอิญร้องเท้ามันกลิ้งกลับข้างด้านนึง คุณลูกเลยหันไปว่าพ่อว่า "อีตาพ่อ มรึง..โยนรองเท้าให้มันดีๆหน่อยซิ" โห... แบบประทับใจไม่ลืมเลือน.. =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P'Tam looks so familiar!