Friday, June 08, 2007

Kyodai Family

Last weekend I attended an annual conference of Organizational Science (home of Organizational Science Journal, the top head journal of my field in Japanese), this year held at Kyoto Sangyo University.

presentation by Ibuki-san and Osanai-san

It was my first time to fully attend a formal conference of this type (i.e. purely the Japanese style). I think after I picked up a new research topic, things are pretty much settled in a good direction. I've forced myself to take it serious for Japanese language, reading textbooks, etc. Most of all, I think I've found my stance of being in a Japanese University. :)

The other change I've seen happening this year is the change in school atmosphere. The liveliness of school is back! I was really looking forward to reuniting with many of my senpais and the chance came when I attended this OS conference. It was really good to get to see and mingle with them again. Thanks Chin-san for sparking me with the word "kyodai family".

Kyodai Family
(actually we have a bit more than twice this number of people!)

Sugiyama-sensei won a Taka-no-miya best paper award

our celebration for Sugiyama sensei

with legendary Fujimoto-sensei


みんなと再会できて、本当によかった!今後ともよろしくお願いしまーす! m(_ _)m

1 comment:

Bikku said...

That's great news. I believe, for some time, you've been searching for that "stance"... and now, you've found it. Congrats!