I saw this for the very first time when I had dinner with friends in the shopping district of Kyoto. Can you work out how to use it? I couldn't, so I simply asked the shop lady for the easy way out. haha =)
Basically, you need to know the price of all your menus. Mark it as you add the price of each dish. At the end, you sum the numbers on the very rightest columns of the marked rows up to get the total price. Of course, they used Soroban (Japanese Arbacus - see picture) for calculation. I found it pretty interesting and classic (though the lady missed marking the receipt by the mere 100 yen. oops!)
4 comments:
cool. never seen it before.
ไม่เคยเห็นเหมือนกัน
นั่งงงอยู่นานกว่าจะเก็ต
เท่ๆๆๆ
Hi Mai!
I haven't been here for a while!
I had never heard of this Japanese receipt. Interesting... Where exactly did you go to?
See you!
Ernesto.
Post a Comment