Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hand-made market 

Every month on the 15th, there will be a "hand-made market" or "tezukuri-shi:手作り市" at Chion-in, a temple right around the corner of Hyakumanben junction. Off lunch break, I often visit the market which is obviously just across the street from my school.

If I remember it right, it was October of the first year in Kyoto that I visitted the market for the very first time. I wandered around seeing different merchandises that the sellers made and sell by themselves. It might be comparable to "walking streets (ถนนคนเดิน)" back in Thailand where a lot of artists gathered to present their works to public. Here, the market is more of the handcrafted goodies than paintings, but not restricted to only those. There are also yummy food sold at the market!

lovely leather hand-made shoes, one of our favourite places
(to watch -- can't afford to buy! haha)

he measures your feet this time of the month, the next time you come, you can pick up your products!


I had a chance to meet up with this lovely family: Nakamura Family (and friend). They own a women's accessories (like earrings and necklaces), plus bags and a few other stuff. I learned from them that they keep good touch with their customers whom they meet only a few times a year. They found it a great chance to mingle with different people at different markets they go to. It's something for them to look forward to when opening their shop. The mother remembers my name (and also my friend's name) from the very first time we met a couple of years back. Since then, whenever I walked by their shop, they would stop and shout for my name. So lovely of them! Years have passed and I just had a chance to snapshop our photo together.

Nakamura mama, Michiko (their friend), me and Yoko (the daughter).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

แวะมาแฮปปี้เบิร์ธเดย์นะจ๊ะใหม่ที่ร้าาาาากกกกก

*BoW* said...

แอบแวะมาแฮ็ปปี้ด้วย หุหุ
ได้การ์ฺดแล้วนะตัวเอง อิอิ