Thursday, July 14, 2005

my dilemma

I don't know why I always have dilemmas when I decide to buy something. When I was getting this computer, I had a big debate over a 15- or 12-inch screen and a few other stuff. I ended up coming down from an already-used-to 15-inch screen to my current 12-inch now though.

Now that my old digital camera is about to break down... I am having a dilemma in choosing a model for a new one!!! Why? Well, I have been wanting to try a semi-SLR camera. But those are always big and bulky. The recently coming out Canon Powershot S2 IS was the model I eyed on. But I still have some doubts about it especially concerning noises and purple fringe. The zoom and other options sound fabulous though. The size and weight were also other points of my concern. Plus, it will be quite an investment. I question if it will be worth the money since I don't change cameras that often. In fact, this will be my second one since April 2001! (now you know how long I have been having my old one for! haha)

So... should I stick with a compact camera?!?! (there went my thought...) And I realized that yeah... with the body of my size, I probably don't want to carry that huge a camera everywhere I go. I probably should be playing around with those manual power in the compact camera before jumping to the semi-SLR or SLR models (if I really will be moving my way that far...) So... now... I'm stuck with Canon Powershot A520. Hopefully it will be a good pick. (At least it gets good review from dpreview... so it should be somewhat good, huh?!?) Nah... nah... I'm not a big Canon fan, but it happened that the 2 models i am looking at are of Canon. A lot of my friends are big supporters for Canon though. So this will be the first try for Canon myself! Let's see how it goes!!!

===== a few hours later ======

Argh!!! See! It's really a dilemma. I went to the store to see the real cameras thinking that I will probably get my final decision on this. And guess what?!?! It's even worse! Now I am back home without knowing what I should be getting.... -_-'

3 comments:

Bikku said...

Yey...I think you should go for A520 a'. It's not that expensive, yet allow you to play around with manual settings. Trust me! :P

--Canon Lover

Anonymous said...

yeaahh trust p big !! hahaha

noomai said...

I trust pBig, but I don't know if I should trust mr.monkey!! =P haha