It feels a bit weird to just feeling a bit homesick now. Being away from home and living abroad on and off has been part of my life since I was really young. My friends gave up seeing me off at the airport for a long time. And the common questions I often hear from them were always something like "so where are you now?" or "when will you come back?"
It never seems that I have stayed longer than a year or two at home without being somewhere inbetween. But I have always coped with it well. Maybe most of the times away from home were just for short-term, never longer than a year? Maybe I was always excited and opened to explore new things? Maybe I was very focused on achieving those short-time goals?
This time.... it has just been toooooo long. Nearly five years in Japan, and one additional year in Malaysia, all happened consecutively somehow exhausted my spirit. Maybe because the ultimate goal for my 6 years away from home is just landing only a few months ahead and I started to feel that it has been taking too much out of me that I want to simply escape? Maybe I have had enough of the time thinking alone here? Maybe I've just been too used to my current surroundings? Maybe I need a change? Or maybe I just went insane for sake of it? =P
A lot of times I really wish I have magic powers so I can cast spells on my work and that everything will be done when I wake up the next morning! But nah.... that's never ever gonna happen. (really too bad! *sob *sob) So... life must go on. I'll keep putting in the best efforts to get the best work out for a good memoir of a ph.d. study. Two more months to go with research life, a few more for the defense, then, it will be a time to say goodbye to this nearly unbearable school environment.
And.... I will be home at last!!!!!!
Miss you a lot, mom and dad!!
3 comments:
อาการล้าและอยากให้จบๆไป (แต่เนือยๆเบื่อๆ) อาการปกติของ PhD โค้งสุดท้าย
จะหายไปเองเมื่อ defend แล้ว เหอะๆ
สู้ๆ
keep fighting naka...
time flies really fast, I still remember received your postcard from Cameron Highland!
Anyway, keep me up post for your next journey naka, take care ka:)
สาธุ... ขอให้ผ่านไปได้ด้วยดี...
Post a Comment