Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tokyo Tower, the movie


「東京タワー ~オカンとボクと、時々、オトン~」
"Tokyo Tower: mom and I, and sometimes dad"
(credit: official website of this movie)

A touching movie that took litres of my tears today.

Tokyo Tower was first launched as a book in June, 2005. Author, Lily Franky, wrote this book in the memory of her mom who passed away. The book has its sales record of more than 2 millions copies in which gave it a long-time best seller and a book that draws your tears.

It's a little story that can happen to anyone. It has nothing fancy. It portrays the life of ordinary people. It's all the love, relationship, and bonding you can possibly see in a mother and a child.


"My most important person,
the only family member to me.
For me, she lived all her life for.
My mom.
..........
Mom, Thank You."


"Mom... I'm sorry for a lot of things
And... Thank you"

I didn't get to see the drama version of this book nor read the original manuscript. I don't know if the movie is pairable to other versions of it, but it got my heart. I love how they illustrate that doesn't matter how much time has passed and society has changed, among all those that altered, there were things that remained the same. It flashes back a lot of memorable moments between me and my family. I came out of the theater with all my thoughts for them. P'Yai and Jill, you go see this movie and tell me if you don't cry! Mommy and daddy, we love you naka! :)

Mom, get well soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(TT TT)

i love my family too....
miss my grandfather so much... even he passed away from my life... this movie reminded me his painful days coz of chemo.

and now my aunt is taking chemo, T T
hope u get well soon ja.

Anonymous said...

oh yuk doooo....i have read only half of the bok eng...pai watch gorn gor dai waa-o-;

mommm...get well soon kaaa...diew glub pai haaaa naaaaa......

love u mom-daddd :D

Bikku said...

Na' doo jing jing... esp for a Japan-craze like me ...huhu :o

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now Mai! I have not watched the movie yet!
AL

Unknown said...

great movie...
nobody loves us as mama and papa do.