There was just a news clip about Nagano Earthquake yesterday. It has already been two and a half years since then. I never felt the quake again around where I live inbetween these periods of time. This morning, only a few minutes after the quake, every TV channels appeared with earthquake news. The magnitude was marked 6.9 point on the Japanese scale. (I have no idea of the equivalence on the regular Rickter scale though.)

The thing is.... the center of this quake is said to be offshore from the northern part of Ishikawa Prefecture. Wajima, a town in which I did my homestay program during Japan Tent, is severely damaged in a lot of parts (see pictures). The phoneline must have been cut off cuz I just couldn't get my line through to my host family's. I know that they are safe, but just worry of how they are doing. I have been looking for them in earthquake rescue news, but still couldn't find them (-"-). Also, Niida family in Kanazawa. I'm sure you can feel the strong quake. I lost your phone number somewhere and so couldn't get in touch with you. If you are reading my blog, please send some words, k! Hope everything is ok. [photos credit: yomiuri online]
No comments:
Post a Comment