Friday, December 16, 2005

blogging sloooww....w!

whoaa..... it has been nearly a week I didn't update my blog, huh! Well, there weren't nothing much going on except that I was and still am trying to finish up my thesis writing. Dang! It has been taking so much longer than I thought it would!!! But anyways, I already submitted half of the writing to my professor earlier this week. I'm now hoping to be able to fill up the rest by next week.

As a break inbetween this cramming season, I decided to go out for a decent dinner in town with my Taiwanese friend who came back for a visit on Wednesday. (Of course, my decent dinner was the tonkatsu at Katsukura!! haha. My rice cooker broke down, so I was craving for good rice.. ieie. Anyways.. decided to go for the sanjyo branch. I think I like it there the best out of all the branches around, but..... this time when I got there, I realized they changed the restaurant manager!!! The new one was really not as impressive as the old one.... (T_T) sigh sigh!!)


Also yesterday, I totally forgot I intended to attend one class at school. My friend said there would be a sush party (yes.. yes.. food attraction!! =P) Well, this class is the class I attended for all semesters since I started school here except for this time. So it probably wouldn't be too akward to appear there. Plus, I know a lot of students in that class anyways. There were having 2 thesis presentations before the party. It turned out that one of the presenters was absent from illness. So when I reached there, I was asked to present mine!! aarr... I didn't really prepare for anything except bringing along an old copy of presentation handout I did for a conference a few weeks ago which has turned into my thesis scratch papers already! The professor didn't care if it was a neat copy or not, so we had that copied and distributed around the class -- sooooo embarrassing!! The worst thing was that this presentation was in English! So I had to challenge myself trying to explain that in Japanese without a bit of preparation <-- felt a bit dumb, but... well... Sooo..., toward the end, I kinda gave up and shot everything out in English. =P This professor was so kind enough to even help translate what I said to the rest of the class too!! ;-) So there went my thesis presentation again. Truly have no idea how many times I did it already. But it was indeed a good decision. At least I was able to get more feedback from my respected professor and also other classmates too.

Okie doke... long enough for today. back to work!

No comments: