Have you ever heard any story about fireflies when you were young? I did when I was a kid. There is a famous Thai novel that has been turned into a big drama hit in my country and part of it talks about fireflies waiting for their soulmates. I always remember that story along with another song by the group called 'Cha Lieng' when I see them.
This time of the year is the time for fireflies watching in Japan. They only come out for a week or so right before summer starts. I went to see them with my friend's host family near their house on the way to Hiesan after a really good homemade yakiniku dinner yesterday. While the stories of fireflies ran through my mind, it striked me that it has been a year already that I saw fireflies the last time. (That time was with Eriko and her friends near Ginkakuji). It didn't seem that long ago at all. So two years, two times, with two groups of people, at two different places. I wonder where I will end up seeing fireflies again next year...
4 comments:
I have never gone to see the fireflies near Ginkakuji eventhough I stay so near!
Well, if you are planning to do your Phd here, I guess you will be watching them somewhere in Japan...if not....
Was just thinking, if I extend to do my Phd here (a big IF, since I don't know if I can get extension for my scholarship for Phd), most of my friends here would have already left.....sob sob sob....
Ai Ling
Sorry Mai, I am being slow again...to realize that you already have a blog of your own.
Cool place to drop by! ;-p
AL.. I think I will still be here. My IF is much smaller than yours, I think. There shouldn't be any prob with scholarship extension though. Why worry? Btw, the atmosphere for fireflies watching near Ginakakuji wasn't that good though. There were more people than the actually visible fireflies! You have to try going somewhere not so crowded... then you will enjoy it more.
Thanks Chan! come by often :)
เรื่องหิ่งห้อยนี่เราว่าคนญี่ปุ่นเค้าเห็นเป็นของหายากนะ ปีนึงมีระยะเวลาดูได้ไม่กี่วันเอง วันนึงก็ไม่กี่ชั่วโมง แล้วด้วยความที่ญี่ปุ่นเค้าให้ความสำคัญกับการท่องเที่ยว (กันเองในประเทศ)แล้วก็มีการปลูกฝังว่าพอถึงช่วงนี้ของปีดอกซากุระบานก็ต้องไปดู ดอกบ๊วยบานก็ต้องไปดู ใบไม้แดงก็ต้องไปดู อะไรแบบนี้ รึเปล่าก็ไม่รู้ พอถึงช่วงนี้ของปี เค้าก็เลยมีความกระตือรือร้นอยากจะดูหิ่งห้อยเหมือนกัน (ประเด็นนี้เราเดาเอาเองอ่ะ)
พอดีทั้งสองครั้งที่เราไปดูเนี่ยะ ก็ไม่ได้แบบว่าตั้งใจว่าวันนี้จะต้องไปดูหิ่งห้อยหรอกนะ มันก็บังเอิญว่าตอนนั้นไปทานข้าวกัน พอกินข้าวกันเสร็จเค้าก็เลยแบบว่า ไปดูหิ่งห้อยกันมั้ย ไหนๆก็อยู่ใกล้ๆลำธารแล้ว อะไรแบบนี้ ก็เลยได้ดูมันทั้งสองปีโดยปริยาย แต่ก็ไปดูกับคนญี่ปุ่นทั้งสองปีเลย ก็ได้บรรยากาศดีๆไปอีกแบบนะ ดูแล้วก็สงสัยว่าทำไมก้นมันถึงมีไฟออกมาได้อ่ะ
Post a Comment